Friday, August 22, 2008

Surferosa! Bikes!

We got bikes yesterday!! I rode it around the beach area when some of us met up at the beach to hang out. It was so fun! There was about 15 people there; people we already know, so it was really comfortable. Some were, of course, drinking and others weren't. I got bored with just sitting, so I played on the playground bars with Emily.



Then I didn't really want to sit around and just hear people talk and stuff, because I have been doing a lot of that. So I rode my bike around the beach; it was very refreshing. I stopped at some benches and just laid down for a bit and watched the clouds and just relaxed. It was very nice, especially with the comfortable temperature and cool breeze. I haven't felt that kind of calmness in a while. I hadn't realized how much peace I was deprived of unitl that moment. The sun rays through the clouds were amazingly breathtaking. So of course, I had to take a picture:



After finally getting our bikes, Emily discovered that she wasn't really comfortable riding the bikes around town with so many hills and traffic; I can see why she doesn't like that so much. The hills can be very steep, but I kind of like that challenge and make myself stronger. I am going to continue to ride around when I can while the weather is still good. Something really funny about these bikes is that they are all the same and are yellow. So Inger calls us the Yellow Bike Brigade. I think's it's funny.

Here is our Yellow Bike Brigade:



I also went shopping at the mall for some kitchen stuff (this was before the beach and playground). I was at -nille, a store, and the basket can be used as a basket and a cart. It's pretty cool. Of course, I had to take a picture.



Last night, I went to my first rock concert, ever! It wasn't a huge concert at a stadium or anything, but it was loud enough. The band is a popular Norwegian band called SURFEROSA, which is translated to Surf Pink. I'm not sure what the significance of the name is, but they do have an 80s feel to their style. I was just in the crowd, jumping up and down with everyone, having a good time. I got so sweaty, I think it was more of a work out than a concert. I left early, of course, because it got too loud and tiring for me. I don't think that scene is really for me, but it was fun for the time I enjoyed it. What I thought was really interesting was the lead singer's outfit. It was basically a full body suit in the fabric of stockings or nylons with fabrics sewn on to cover the necesary parts. It was very interesting; it definitely caught the audiences attention and worked with the rock. Here is a picture; it's not very good because it's from my phone, but you can kind of get the idea:



I also met Stian's wife at the concert also. She's from Taiwan, and we had a short converstation in Chinese. I was pretty proud of myself, but it was a short conversation. I think that she wouldn't be as impressed if it was a longer conversation and we hit the limit of my Chinese speaking skills. hehe. But it was cool; I was very excited! Like always when it comes to Chinese.

No comments: