Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Success! (kind of)

Today has been quite an adventure, mainly with getting paper work done and other small things that just kind of get in the way. First, I got a pay as you go sim card for my phone. I am really frustrated that the phones the Wang Center gave us don't work. None of them! With no phone, we're kind of disconnected, especially disconnected from the Norwegians, which means for any events, we just kind of hope that we are at the right place at the right time or we miss it. The lack of communication was very frustrating. So I decided to buy my own number, which now works! For emergencies I can call someone, or if I have a quick question about something I can call someone or if my family wants to call me, they can! This makes me happy indeed.

In addition, we also issues with the Visa and school registration is also solved, more or less. We discovered that the residence permit copy that we have suffices provided that we have an extra passport picture. Why did it not occur to me to bring extra passport pictures? So I had to pay NOK 70 for a set of 4. So with that, we have an appointment to go in early tomorrow, even before the station is open, to get our Visas. This is because we have class when their office opens and by the time we can make it to the station, we would not be able to squeeze in before closing. The lady at the counter was very understandinng and nice about this. I am so glad! If we wait past this coming Friday, then we are in trouble because we needed to get the Visa and all that taken care of by the 7th day from arrival. And the office is closed on Friday. YAY! We also finished registering at the school so I have my school ID to access buildings and computer networks.

Furthermore, rent, semester fee, and laundry is also figured out! Yay! I can now relax a little bit. Today was really confusing, but it finally settled down and came together. Tomorrow is the Norwegian class (it got rescheduled from today) and I am so excited!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hen ji dong!!?? Excited! Living in a different country is exciting, at least temporarily, although there are some unpleasants. I am sure you can easiy adapt to the new enviornment.

Jia you!!

Robert (Li Bin)