Saturday, August 23, 2008

Friends for dinner

Earlier today, Afrika took me to Elkjop. It's kind of like a Best Buy. So now I know where to go for my electronic and cheaper school supply needs.

Emily and I invited two of our new friends over for dinner today; we invited two guys from Namibia named Afrika (the one that really impressed me from the begninning) and Gerson (he also impressed very much with his approachable and easy going personality).

There were some complications at first with the times because there were a few things going on this afternoon and evening, but it worked out fine. They came to our apartment, we made spaghetti. So, our meal was salad and spaghetti with coke, and brownies for desert. It was pretty good, I have to say, considering we didn't have enough forks, and two of us were eating off of plates while other two ate off of bowls due to the lack of utensils and dishware. All in all, it was a good dinner and a very good time to get to know our friends better. Before, we talked about our backgrounds and where we came from and such. However, today was more about getting to know these peoples' personalities and characteristics that you can only learn from spening time. It was a great afternoon and evening. They are great people, and I'm so glad to have met them.

Emily isn't feeling so well. She started to get kind of sick when we were playing cards, so I'm hoping she feels better soon. Especially since I live with her, I don't always want to get sick; then it would just be bad because I don't ever recover recover quite fast enough and I don't want to get others sick as well. Plus, we have our hiking trip of some sort tomorrow with the other students as part of the opening week. If she had to miss out on that, it would be a shame. Also, I would not feel so easy going on the trip if I knew that she was at home not feeling well. I'd be constantly worried. So, I just really hope that she gets better, and soon.

No comments: