Saturday, November 29, 2008

Snow and holidays

It's snowing again today. It was really beautiful to look out the window to see nothing but pure white on the ground. Emily, Genevieve and I went for a short walk along the shopping street and beach. The atmosphere was so nice and calming, in contrast to what I've been feeling lately with the mixed feelings of going home and stress from exams and papers. It was a nice break.

Along the main shoping district, there was a band playing holiday music and a stand selling candle lanterns. Everyone was out and about and the children were so lively. I miss my sister.

After coming home, I wanted to eat Asian fried scampi, so I decided to go to Linh's shop to buy the ingredients and ask her how to make it. On my way there, I saw a concert with kids singing holiday music on stage. Families, friends and children in strollers, children on daddy's shoulders had their attention on the stage. It was such a merry sight, I had to take a moment to enjoy this comfortable feeling. But as I left, and continued to the shop, I felt so lonely. I could only feel that family warmth from others for that instand, but once I left, all I could think of was my own beloved family and friends. So I'm so ready to go home and continue with my life with the people I love.

No comments: