Saturday, November 1, 2008

Immigration: more connections!

I had the best field study experience today! Well, more like yesterday since it's 2 am now. Anyway, it was at the County Council. The person we (Emily and I) met was someone from Iran. His field was immigration and dealing with integration of immigrants and other minority groups into society as well as advocating the importance and positive side of multicultural community. I asked so many questions and was so interested in his story because he immigrated to Norway from Iran about 20 years ago. His daughter also has a Vietnamese friend so he's going to connect me to his daugther and her friend. In addition, I was very much interested in a Norwegian language school/program for immigrants and he will help connect me to the people there as well! I was so excited! That is the biggest lead to my case study for now! So excited!

No comments: