Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Epic week!

Last week was such a fantastic week, that I got caught up and forgot to blog!

At this point, the events are not as fresh in my mind as they should be, so I will just sum up with happened in the week (at leas the main points) in reverse chronological order, which means I will start with today and make my way back to last Thursday.

Today we had a guest lectuter who spoke about Mahatma Gandhi. I found it to be very inspring, even though it was a short lecture. I feel like I should be living the way he did, and following in his footsteps. But first, I should read more about him.

I also swept today, so that made me feel much more at ease with the apartment, since it's a bit more clean.

Yesterday I was at Nansen Dialogue Center for our field study. Our tast for the day was to find some American organizations or corporations that would provide funding for organizations like the Nansen Dialogue Center. The task was more difficult than I thought.

On Monday, our class was cancled because our professor lost her voice, which was sad. She seemed to be doing much better today. Since we didn't have class, I didn't do what I should have been doing... I was so determined to finish Sailor Moon! And I did! I had about 10 episodes left, each one was about 20 minutes, so it wasn't that bad. In any case, by the end of the day, I finished it. For dinner, I made fresh spring rolls to share with the other Americans that missed out on halloween. Then Genevieive was in so much pain in the stomach so I went to the hospital with her. By the time we had decided to go and arrived at the hospital, the pain was not a big problem anymore. So that wasn't a serious situation. When at the hospital, I definitely saw a difference between US hospitals and Norwegian hospitals. But then again, I don't have much experience on both sides, so my comparison might not be very accurate.

On Sunday, I just lounged around and relaxed. Which was nice considering that the 2 days before that was extra exciting!

On Saturday, Linh put up a birthday party for her boyfriend, and I was invited. It was extra fun with lots of good food! There wasn't a lot of people there, just seven of us total. I met Thi's friend (Anders) again (last time I saw him at her house when we had dinner), a Thai girl (Phun) and her Norwegian boyfriend who goes to the same school as me! What a small world! And of course I met Linh's boyfriend. The food was delicious Vietnamese food, as always since Linh cooked it. The cake was cheesecake, which was dangerously delicious. There was also some Vietnamese fruit. I ate so much that night! Here are some pictures from the birthday party:


Birthday boy and the hostess


Very attractive


The ladies

Then after that, I went to Hydranten with some friends for the halloween party. My costume with Bre was dorks, but I ended up looking like Britney Spears from Oops I Did It Again music video, or a school girl. Which was sad because Bre and I bought glasses and punched out the lenses to extra emphasize the dorkyness. Emily was a mime and Anita was a female Spiderman (or should I say Spiderwoman). I met a guy in a Batman suit who was really cool. There was also this girl that I don't know who was a vampire. I have an extra cool picture of her biting me! Over all, the night was fantastic. Anita and I did a tango in the last song of the night! Here are some pictures:


Anita and I


Roomies


Double the dork


AH! I got bit!


"Britney Spears", mime, dork


Surprise!

Friday was fantastic as well. Friday was Halloween. There was me, Genevieve, Bre and Emily here because the other Americans went to Sweden. So we had like a girl's night (again since we had an impromtu one on Thurday evening). We went grocery shopping to stuff to make fresh spring rolls and sushi. So I kind of had a mini sushi tutorial, a pretty bad one since I'm not best at making sushi. Then we all went over to Bre's place and had spring rolls. I showed them how to make it and then they could make it as they eat it. That was extra fantastic fun! Then we did face paint. I did all sorts of fantasy and pretty things on Genevieve's face like fairy and butterfly. Genevieve made me into a tiger, Bre into a scary doll, and Em into a sunflower. Then we went over to surprise Afrika and painted his face as well. That was fantastic fun! Here are some pictures:


Genevieve's first roll was a success!


Making Afrika take a study break

On Thursday we had a spur of the moment girl's night dinner with pasta bar. We had spaghetti noodles, cus cus, and shell pasta with tomato sauce and mac and cheese sauce (Gen's recipe). We also had garlic bread. That was so much fun!

So that was the last few epic days!

No comments: