Wednesday, October 22, 2008

So much better!

I've been feeling a lot better lately. I guess it's because I've become more socially involved. For example, I've started to play soccer, meet with other Asian people. In addition, my field study is picking up, so things don't feel so stagnant and depressing anymore.

Today, my Vietnamese friend invited me to dinner at her house again. So it was us three Vietnamese girls again, doing our thing. Tonight, dinner was bun rieu, but with chicken in substitute for pork, since I don't eat pork anymore. After we ate, we just talked while watching Vietnamese music videos and shows online. It was so fun! Us three have completely opposing personalities, but we get along so well. One seems to be what Vietnamese call nhon nheo, dieu and yeu dep. Vietnanese is the best way to put it, but those three loosely translates to something like cute, adorable and loves being pretty, maybe even vain, but in a cute-sie way. The other one looks like a wild party girl and the third one seems really innocent and honest. But us three are very compatible. Maybe it's the fact that we communicate on the same wave length. But anyway, I'm really glad to have met them! They're the closest thing I have to home right now. Click here to see pictures from the dinner last time on Saturday the 18th.

I've also had orientation at one of the locations for my field study and I'm so very excited!! It was at Nansen Academy, which is a type of Norwegian folkeskole. It's a school that can be compared to a college level, but they don't have exams or certificates. The curriculum is loose and revolves around what they want to do to develop themeselves on the inside. It's very nice. It's like a point where people can take sort of "pit stop" along their road. In this academy is the Dialogue Center and Norwegian Peace Center. The two places are dedicated to peace building; the Dialogue center is more concerned about conflicts abroad while the Peace Center is more concerned with internal conflict. There are 5 of us total there, and our next appointment is tomorrow! I'm so very excited!

On Friday, I, along with others going to the county council, have appointment to have the introduction to the county council, which is the other location for my field study. This one took some time to get going because our contact person was away for a bit, but now she's back and it's ready to go. I'm very excited about this one also!

So as you can see, things are going well! I feel so busy now, and that time is speeding by way too fast! What happened to all the time that I thought would be ahead? It's almost over, and it's when I've become attatched! Anyhow, that's the way it is.

No comments: