Saturday, October 18, 2008

Nansen, soccer, Elverum & dinner!

This is been such an exciting week! I've had so much fun. On Wednesday, our class went to Nansen Dialogue Center, and that was amazing! I'm so excited to go there for my field study! And then Thursday afternoon, I played soccer with others from this school for... 3 hrs! I've been sedentary for so long that those 3hrs of soccer left a lot to remember. I could not get up the next morning, and even now, my body is so sore and stiff! I just have to continuously stretch it. Soccer was SO MUCH FUN! It was my first time really playing, and not just kicking the ball around to each other. According to some, they couldn't believe that it was my first time playing, so I was proud that I could get by! Soccer happens every Tuesday and Thursday afternoon, so I'm going to keep playing! On Friday, I went to Elverum with Afrika to the Namibia shop. It was quite an adventure with lots of funny things. After that, I helped him with math. I wasn't sure how much I could help. He was hoping that it was not a blind person leading another blind person! And it turns out, I was not completely blind! I still remember some stuff from calculus. But sadly, not enough! I need to get back on that.

Today, I went to get groceries from the Asian store where the Vietnamese girl works. Her name is Linh. We talked a bit this time, and she invited me to her house for dinner with her gal friend. I'm really excited! This is the first time I'm doing something with someone not for a school function or something like that. There's going to be just us girls, and banh xeo, and music and talking. Most importantly, it'll be in Vietnamese! I'll have my chance to use Vietnamese agaiin! Yay! I was afraid that I would soon forget more and more, but hope still exists!

I will elaborate more on Nansen Dialogue Center later, because it's something I find very important for my stay here.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

twilight is coming out november 21st, i saw it in a trailer while i was watching quarantine. sorry girl~~~~ when you get back though, ill fucking watch it with you again. lol. so anyways, im glad you met some vietnamese peoples in norway~! didnt know they had that much there. lmao. i hope you have fun hanging with the girls. lol. make some sandwiches!! yummy yummy!!! i miss u.