Saturday, September 6, 2008

Music festival & drawing

Right now, there is a music festival going on. In the park by the beach, there's a HUGE tent set up. It looks like a circus tent. I had planned on going, but I realized it was too expensive. It's not like I'm missing out on much though. Since we live close by, we can hear EVERYTHING. It took me a while to fall asleep last night because it was so loud. But that's cool. It's like an ongoing festival that lasts all weekend. At least it's not during the week when I have class and such. Today, there is free public entertainment along the main shopping strip, right down a block from my place. I walked past it and there was Salsa music and dancing. It was pretty exciting.

The most amazing thing happened last night; I sketched! That's the first real drawing since IB Art ended. I was reading while waiting for my dinner to cook and I just had the sudden urge to draw; so I did. It turned out great! It's a scenery from when we were walking to Eidsvoll Manor for our field trip. My drawing is not finished, but it's looking good. I will definitely take a picture of it and post my sketch side by side with the picture when I am finished.

Once I started to draw, it all jus came to me! Inspiration just came and my strokes felt so natural, unlike the previous attempts! I was so excited. I woke up this morning with the urge to do watercolor, and to follow my artistic inspiration, I went out and got some good (expensive) quality watercolor and I will do a watercolor version of the same sketch once I am finished with the sketch. It feels so calming to be able to draw so naturally again.

No comments: