Sunday, December 21, 2008

Good bye!!

So I'm back at home from Norway now. It was an amazing adventure in Norway. I was sad to leave all of my new friends, but now it's ok. I realize that I could one day go back and visit. Plus, there is the magic of Skype, so it's not so bad to keep in touch.

I really do have mixed emotions about coming home. I really miss Norway, but it felt like a fantasy dream in Norway. Nothing felt 100% real; it all felt like a dream; very surreal, but very real at the same time. However, I missed the warmth and luxury of home. Now that I'm back, I'm very comfortable and happy to be able to nagivage in the society so comfortably. However, I'm kind of having re-entry issues. The freedom I enjoyed in Norway is now gone. I'm back to being a regulated and obedient Asian daugther who has to report every action and ask permission for everything again. It's really sad to have grown and moved forward so much in Norway to be moving backwards here at home. It's as if all the skills I have acquired was of no use now. It's all very frustrating. But at the same time, I'm very happy to be at home. I'm so torn, I don't know what to make of it.

But to end this blog on a good note, I'm happy to continue with my life and head in a more defined and clear direction towards a more focused future.

Thank you to all of you who followed my blog. I appreciate it very much. You have made it worth the time I put into bloggin. I will continue to blog after this one. However, I've decided to keep that on the "down low" as I will be expressing more freely with less constraints. So, if you are so very interested in it, and are not afraid to read a few posts that are less sugar coated, feel free to look for it. Hint: it's not on blogger. Or you can ask for the web address from me if you are really interested. :)

Final and most sincere thanks for everyone's support!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry we didn't have time to meet. I was too busy for Christmas to figure out when you were in Oslo (and quite possibly I wasn't in Oslo myself those exact days).

I hope your confidence and skills from your studies here will help you be patient at home :) But let me say that it's very usual to come back home to one's parents and become a bit impatient at being treated like a child again ;)

I'll find your new blog. Some day :)

Unknown said...

it was hard following your blog. haha there was alot but i loved it!!!!

Hokashino said...

I could not help but to notice the adorable little girl in the photo with you. I wonder if thats your daughter, is it? I often wonder if my wife will have a natural daughter with hair that straight, long, and coarse. I often feel sad because I have very strong African genes and my natural daughter may have hair that is somewhat curly. I hope I can make my great grandma proud of me. She was Native American and Anglo-Saxon. Feel free to add a comment.

Hokashino desu

Anonymous said...

Very happy to know you
who a khmer Krom.

MouyCiEkaNeg said...

Hello bong srey Makara :) Er.. m not sure if u can speak Khmer, but i think u might be Khmer ppl ri? since ur name is Makara, Khmer's name :D just nice to hear that u a Khmer^^